July 5, 2009

Roller Derby is Awesome!

After only one month as a recruit, I'm addicted. Every bruised bone & muscle is my own private merit badge. Whisper "wanna go skate?" and I'm out the door. I knew I'd like it, but I didn't know how MUCH I'd like it! I am paying money to be physically abused several times a week, and I couldn't be happier about it. Someone told me derby would take over my life, and I can see why. I'm looking forward to helping the league off the track in whatever job they need me in. I'm skating with a great group of women, and I'm just talking about the recruits - I hardly know the "big girls" yet (but can't wait to be one of them!) Interested? You don't have to know how to skate - I didn't. It's amazing what our coach has done for me in so little time. Not that I've suddenly become a great skater, but I went from barely being able to propel myself around the track to being able to at least look like I have a clue as to what I'm doing. I can cross! I can fall and immediately get back up and keep skating (OK, most of the time)! Thanks, Coach :)
NoNameYet!

2 comments:

  1. It is crazy how quickly it becomes a huge part of your life... I love every second of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I have found it taking over my life! Just like you, all I think about is my next chance to skate. I am amazed that we all have put 100% in, and gotten 200% out of it!

    ReplyDelete