That's right all you artsy-derby lovers!
We want you to design the sweetest derby logo in existence for your very own FoCo Girls Gone Derby. We are looking for your original design, or new rendition of our existing logo, to plaster on posters, handbills, t-shirts, buttons and everything FoCo!
And what do you get in return? Well, aside from fortune, fame and the undying adoration of the FoCo Girls Gone Derby, you'll receive a Weblink, recognition in the 2010 FCGGD Programs, a 2010 VIP Season Ticket and a sweet swag bag of Derby merch featuring your design.
1. All artwork submitted must be original and may not compromise the copyright of any previously published piece or other derby league's logo.
2. All artwork must be submitted by Nov. 2.
3. Number of entries is unlimited.
4. Entries must incorporate the text "FoCo Girls Gone Derby".
5. Entries may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should not exceed 8MB. Zipped/Compressed files are acceptable. Submissions on CDs will be accepted, however, CD will not be returned.
6. Vector-based entries are preferred, however entries may be submitted in the following formats: .EPS .AI(CS3 or Below) .PSD .PDF .JPG .TIF
7. Entries must include artist's name, phone number and email address.
8. Upon entry in to the FoCo Girls Gone Derby Logo Redesign Contest, artist agrees to allow FoCo Girls Gone Derby to reproduce/display logos for contest promotional purposes.
9. Winner of the FoCo Girls Gone Derby Logo Redesign Contest agrees to allow FoCo Girls Gone Derby unlimited use/reproduction rights of the winning logo for FoCo Girls Gone Derby promotional purposes.
Submissions will be judged by FoCo Girls Gone Derby. After an intial round performed by the PR Committee, submissions will be voted on by the entire league.
******TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
1. If you are new to the concept of Roller Derby, take a look at what other leagues across the nation have used to visually represent themselves. Get inspired, but don't steal.
2. Keep in mind that this logo will be screen printed, embroidered, spray painted (maybe even tattooed?) on everything that is FCGGD. We need something that will look fabulous whether it measures 1 inch (buttons) or 3 feet (banners).
3. An un-official survey of the skaters found that a circular logo was favored. But don't feel confined to one shape, you're the art-genius, dazzle us with your vision!
4. Tough, Sexy, Athletic, Hard-Core, all good words to describe the logo we are looking for. If you are feeling creatively blocked, ask a rollergirl. We're happy to wax poetically about Roller Derby, in fact some of us can't stop.
5. Feel free to capitalize on our existing logo, since she is a sweet, sexy, sassy lil' gal. If you choose to offer a new rendition, please be sure to use her as your inspiration, but make it your original artwork.