October 11, 2011

That's my little Skank!

I couldn't be happier, more excited, or proud!

Let me explain. During my first practice as a new recruit I made a really good friend. You may have seen her this past Saturday at our Annual Black & Blue Ball, The Original Skankster. This was her Derby debut and I was so very proud of her! She worked her little butt off and she rocked her first bout! It was her goal to make it through the ranks and bout before the season ended. I'm pretty sure she only missed 1 or 2 practices since we started in March! That's pretty impressive! If you could have seen my face during her first jam....I was like a proud mama watching her baby walk for the first time. I swear to you...my eyes were welling up a little bit! So happy for my little Skank!

I'm also super pumped for finally making it to Thursday night scrimmages! This is my last step to debuting in my first bout after I get my bearings and hopefully show all the ladies, coaches, and team captains that I'll be an asset on the track! That makes it sound like I have to prove myself to everyone, that's not entirely true. I have to prove myself to only me...and I'm the harshest judge! The ladies and coaches only want me, and the rest of the recruits, to succeed on the track and they do everything in their power to help me reach my goal. And my goal is to skate in the November 5th bout!

Hopefully I'll reach that goal before the end of the 2011 season. If not, then you can bet you'll see me in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment