January 15, 2010

2010 Training Has Begun!

As I look on the track and see all of the new recruits so carefully skating through their drills, I have a small smile on my lips. It was only one year ago that I was in their position. I am filled with excitement for them and anticipation for myself thinking about the upcoming season and what it will mean for all of the newbies. 2009 was an amazing year for me; filled with life changing events, physical injury, new friendships and growth as a woman all piled onto a huge emotional rollercoaster. However, no matter what was happening in my off the track life, derby and FoCo were always there for me. Being a part of this league has brought so much more than physical fitness. I have discovered parts of myself that have been too long dormant. I have developed not only friendships, but discovered sisterhood. I can only hope that I can be a part of something similar for the new league members.

For myself, I look forward to all 2010 has to bring: my son learning to read, a newfound commitment to work, a new romance, and of course developing even further as a skater, league member, Deathrow Doll and possible mentor to my new derby sister.

Sentimental schlock aside, good luck to all of the new skaters, refs and support staff, veteran league members and coaches! Here's to 2010, may it be even more than we could all hope for!

Love and Skate!
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment